Help! Transferring files from Lacie External to Seagate(PC) external

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JoeJITSU, Sep 7, 2010.

1. JoeJITSU macrumors member

I download the files from the Lacie external hard drive to the desktop and then upload to the seagate external...but I cant seem to drop it into the seagate hard drive. I am able to brings things from my seagate to the desktop but I need to upload the files from the Lacie to my seagate. Quicktime movies are on the Lacie and I need to get those movie clips to my seagate so I can use my PC to edit. Help please.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What Mac OS X version do you use, how are the two external HDDs connected (USB or Firewire), what format are they formatted in (CMD+I on both HDDs and see for yourself*) and how big are the individual files?

[​IMG]

3. JoeJITSU thread starter macrumors member

the seagate is connected from 1394 on seagate hard drive to USB of Macbook pro. The Lacie is connected on the firewire 400 on hard drive to the firewire 800 of Macbook Pro.
    Lacie is "Mac OS extended"
    Seagate is NTFS

I need to get the files from the Lacie to Seagate. Possible? I just need it on to the PC which is right next to Mac. Can I just do it with an Ethernet cable? Its about 450gb of files. Thanks for yor help by the way

4. JoeJITSU thread starter macrumors member

Think Im going to use the trial version of Macdrive 8. From what I heard I can read files from Mac on my PC. But if I buy it I can go back and forth. Thanks

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

There is no such thing as a Firewire (IEEE 1394) to USB cable. Either it has miniUSB or something I don't know about.

[​IMG]

That seems okay.​

MacDrive is very good in my experience and it reads faster than the NTFS drivers for Mac OS X can write to an NTFS formatted volume.

6. JoeJITSU thread starter macrumors member

Spinnerly,
    Thanks for taking the time to help me. I got it to work. THanks I really appreciate it.
    Too bad theres no "aura" voting here...would have gave you "thumbs up" Thanks again

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

For future reference, how did you get it to work?