[*Help] Transferring iPhone "backup" file

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ohnevah, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Ohnevah macrumors newbie

hey guys I need help, I need helping get the iphone backup file back on my laptop. This is how the story goes, I lost my phone and I have only backed up my iphone on my Desktop at home. I was able to get a new iphone with no information on it, BUT I don't have the desktop with me its at home and I'm currently living on campus. How do I transfer the backup file from the desktop at home to my laptop here on campus? Is there a way I can find the backup file and just e-mail to myself and get it to my laptop?

2. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Well do you have a pc or Mac because it's different for each, but there is a way to get to the file .

On Mac: it's in /library/application support/mobile sync/backup

Windows xp : c:/documents and settings/YOUR_USER_NAME/application data/apple computer/mobile sync/backup

Windows 7/vista: c:/users/user/appdata/roaming/apple computer/mobile sync/backup

Once you get the file, (have someone at home do this or if you have a remote login) copy the file and e-mail it to you. If you can't understand me and for additional tips go on google and search "iPhone backup files"