Help transferring Itunes library

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lorib, Aug 21, 2010.

1. lorib macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Just purchased a MacBook Pro..thought i was doing everything right by transferring my Itunes library onto my Seagate drive --took the music folder from users, transferred it to the hard drive, then transferred it to that same place on the MacBook Pro. But....when I open up Itunes I see nothing. Was there something else I was supposed to do? When I click on itunes the itunes music icon, nothing happens. i can go into the itunes music folder and see the songs though. And play them...but not see them on itunes.
    I am guessing this is a simple fix but I have no clue...not very tech savvy as you might imagine, so any help you can give me would be great. I've done a search but haven't found anything this specific. Did I do something wrong in the transfer? Was there something more I was supposed to do once the transfer actually happened?

Thanks guys.

lori

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

1. Put the iTunes Music Folder on the Desktop.

2. Import all of the song files into iTunes by either opening all of files or dragging and dropping the files into iTunes.

3. Once the import is complete, check to see if there is a new iTunes Music folder in your Users directory.

4. If so, delete the Music Folder on you desktop.

3. Sheeds macrumors member

Sheeds

I think this will pretty much solve your issue.

Close iTunes, and restart it while holding the option key. This should pop up:

[​IMG]

Click "choose Library" and then find the iTunes folder you moved and select it. Hope that works!