Help transferring music from windows formatted ipod to new MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by puma1552, Nov 30, 2008.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

I need to transfer my music from a Windows-formatted ipod to my new MBP. Unfortunately my Windows machine died so I have no access to it to do anything with the ipod beforehand, but as far as I know disk mode is enabled because when plugged into the new MBP the box for disk mode is checked, although it is ghosted.

What program will work to put music from an old PC formatted ipod into a new Mac? Remember I have no access to the ipod or any related files through the windows machine anymore.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Just download senuti. It is free and it will get all of your music off the ipod and even show what's already in your library.

3. PcGonegonegone macrumors newbie

Enable Disk Use Issue with Senuti

I'm having a similar issue. I recently snapped the harddrive on my PC. I never backed it up and everything is gone (I've learned my lesson). The only remaining copies of my music and photos are now on my 120G IPOD Classic.

Bought a brand new Macbook three days ago and want to get the songs and photos off the Windows formatted IPOD onto the Macbook....I've been told Senuti can do this.

When I downloaded and ran Senuti...the directions indicate that I need to enable disk use in order for the program to run successfully.

I plugged in my IPOD, held down the command and option key to avoid auto sync. Itunes recognizes the IPOD but tells me it isn't formatted for a mac. I've searched all over Itunes for an "enable disk use" button but cannot find one.

Can anyone help?