iPhone Help! Trapped in mobile substrate matrix!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by t0rr3s, Nov 16, 2012.

1. t0rr3s macrumors 6502

t0rr3s

So the latest version of mobile substrate incorporated a feature where you can hold down the volume up button to disable it for troubleshooting.

Couple of days ago, I realised my volume button is jammed, yep, you guessed it, perpetually pressing down. So when my ipad (JB'ed on 5.1.1) gets resprung, it won't get back into mobile substrate mode, leaving me in purgatory (safe mode) where all my tweaks are rendered useless.

Would appreciate any help here. Thanks!

2. robbychen macrumors newbie

Hi,

I also have this problem. After my iPad fall off from bed, I discovered that the volume keys stopped working. I didn't pay any attention since it was working fine at that time. Until I rebooted the device because Transmission stopped working, I installed Volume Keys Disable tweak in Cydia in order to get rid of display of volume icon. Unfortunately, I later discovered that Mobile Substrate has this volume up disabling feature and therefore the tweak doesn't work.

Is there any way to configure or edit the hex code for the particular file to enable the Mobile Substrate under the disable mode? I also have 5.1.1.

Thanks.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

4. glsillygili macrumors 6502

glsillygili

i had this calculator that i got from ebay and it had buttons jammed so i stabbed the buttons with scissors and it fixed them

5. t0rr3s thread starter macrumors 6502

t0rr3s

Not cut out to be a masseuse me. Going to have to take it in it seems. Fortunately it's still under Applecare. But looks like my jb is gone once they restore it. Ah, shucks.

6. drakestan macrumors regular

Once YOU restore it. Do not bring it to them with a JB on.