HELP, tried to jailbreak, and messed up!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by skiguy1994, Mar 30, 2008.

1. skiguy1994 macrumors newbie

ok, so I download ZiPhone. Everything is going fine, the ZiPhone thing pops up, I think I hit Jailbreak + Activate, I might of hit Jailbreak though. So the white scrolls appear, and I know that is normal. Then I can't remember exactly what I did, but it said it was completed successfully, I might of unplugged it, or I might of just clicked eject off itunes. Now my ipod has the plug going into itunes logo. I called apple to do all this stuff, nothing worked, tried restarting, tried it on different computers and all. On my computer it says: iTunes could not connect to ipod '''' unknown error occurred (0xE8000022). On other computers it says that it can't connect to my ipod because i have a passcode and need to enter it on the ipod before it can proceed. i do have a lock code, and i know it, but the problem is, no matter what i do the screen keeps saying the cable pluging into itunes. i can plug my ipod into a ihome and music plays off my ipod, but the screen stays the same. i have no clue what to do. apple told me it was a software problem, but i have no way to restore or update the software. PLEASE HELP

by the way i have a pc, not a mac

2. ipodmaster macrumors newbie

i am just gonna go out on a limb here, but have you tried rebooting your PC ?

3. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Put it in DFU mode, and restore, and hit JUST the jailbreak button.

4. skiguy1994 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Define "it", please. ;)

6. skiguy1994 thread starter macrumors newbie

haha, ok, well I took it to the apple store, and the guy did just what "PMB" said to do. He put it in disk mode, and then restored it. Aparently I had some software problem that made it unreadable. It is because when I tried to jailbreak, I didn't restore it before, so the softwares intermixed and got all screwed up. Now my iPod is working fine with the jailbreak, but I have downloaded some things, like games and stuff, and all of a sudden it isn't letting me uninstall them or install new applications.......should I just restoring again, then jailbreak it again?