Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GuyInTheBack

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
I found this image which I think would make a great wallpaper:

http://manarama.deviantart.com/art/Spidey-vs-Hulk-87581798 (admit the badassery :D)

The only thing is that I have NO experience whatsoever in turning images into wallpapers (especially not on this macbook pro '15).

Especially since I don't just want to adjust the resolution but also move the image a bit to the left, leaving it at the left of a larger canvas so I can admire it in it's glory; without my desktop icons.

Does anyone know how to do this (step-by-step for the doofuses among us).

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
While it may make a great image, you need to ask the original artist who can easily be contacted at DeviantART.

kymac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
portland
opened photoshop to 1440x900, your mbp resolutions im assuming.

pasted the image.

moved to left.

erased border/lines created by original artist.

saved as jpeg.

edit: also added gradient if the last was too boring.

Attachments

• wallpaper.jpg
    wallpaper.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 1,150
  • wallpaper2.jpg
    wallpaper2.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 237

GuyInTheBack

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
opened photoshop to 1440x900, your mbp resolutions im assuming.

pasted the image.

moved to left.

erased border/lines created by original artist.

saved as jpeg.

edit: also added gradient if the last was too boring.

I'm...speechless. I'm without speech. I'm Helen Keller in a space vacuum. I've been at this for three hours and, well...I won't attach my results. It's brilliant. Amazing!

Seriously I don't know if this falls in the thank you or congratulations category but...wow. High praises and both.

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
Tricky...

While it may make a great image, you need to ask the original artist who can easily be contacted at DeviantART.

What do you think the chances are that the deviantart person legally reproduced those trademarked characters? :rolleyes:

Meaning, good luck contacting the original marvel artist. Or DC. I never got into comics....

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
What do you think the chances are that the deviantart person legally reproduced those trademarked characters? :rolleyes:

Meaning, good luck contacting the original marvel artist. Or DC. I never got into comics....

Disney just bought Marvel, might want to ring up micky mouse. =p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.