HELP! Trying to Uninstall Photoshop with MACCS3Clean no Password

Discussion in 'macOS' started by poxxmac, Apr 1, 2008.

1. poxxmac macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, Im new here, and nice to meet you all. I was recently trying to uninstall Photoshop CS3, i uninstalled all the components but not Shared components and Photoshop CS3. I tried using MACCS3CLEAN but its asking me for password, which i did not set any since the beginning. What should i do? I pressed Enter and it said sorry please try again. Please Help :D Thank you very much.

Ps. Hope im not putting this in teh wrong thread~^^

2. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

It is probably asking the password of your account. You did set one right?

3. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

I take it its a user account password? I tried the same thing and I dont have an OS password set, so I just set one, performed the task and removed it again.

I dunno why it does that?

4. poxxmac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for helping, I did not set an account, i think its asking for the installation password like it will do before we install anything. But i didnt set that so i duno how it works. If not i guess i should just add a password in but ~^^ how do i do that~^^" Thank you very much~

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Easy fix, just pop in your Mac OS X install disk and click "Install Mac OS X". When the computer boots up to the install screen go to the menu bar and choose "Utilities" and from there a list will appear to allow you to change your password. Don't worry, even if you didn't set one before you can set one now and then you restart and all should be good.

6. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

or just go :apple: > System Preferences > Accounts

7. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

But that requires the OP to put in his old password. He said he didn't create one in the first place but somehow it asks for one.

8. poxxmac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much everyone, I've solved my problem!
    Thank you for everyones assistant! ^^