Help! Twitter timeline and unwanted tweets...

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by deeddawg, Oct 22, 2014.

1. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'm no twitter expert but this is getting annoying. I used to follow a marketing account let's call it XYZ. A couple days ago I started looking at twitter again and having no further interest in XYZ I unfollowed that account.

Timeline keeps showing new tweets under "XYZ follows"... This is getting annoying.

These only show up in the iphone Twitter app (iOS 7.1.2) -- timeline in ipad twitter app (iOS8.1) or via web browser twitter.com do NOT show the above tweets. I've hard rebooted the phone with no change.

Help? What setting am I missing to make this crap go away?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Does it also say "Promoted" at the bottom of those tweets?

3. MacTCE macrumors 6502

Have you tried deleting Twitter and reinstalling?

4. deeddawg thread starter macrumors 604

Nope.

Here's an example. I used to follow Fringe. I no longer follow Fringe. I tried following Fringe again and then unfollowing again but these keep showing up.

Only on the iphone Twitter app.

Attached Files:

5. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Not sure what is going on but you could block Fringe so that it prevents their tweets from showing in your timeline.

6. deeddawg thread starter macrumors 604

Trouble is it isn't FRINGE, it's various parties they follow. I'll just continue blocking those 3rd parties, but its becoming a bit of a game of whack-a-mole...

Very weird that it's only on the iphone app. No such behavior on ipad app or website. :confused:

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you checked various items in settings in the app? There are all kinds of things there related to recommendations and whatnot--not sure if they would necessarily relate to something in the timeline itself, but who knows.

8. deeddawg thread starter macrumors 604

Yes but nothing obvious. Will probably keep tweaking, was hoping there was just something simple I was overlooking.

9. Fincus macrumors newbie

It's very strange and I've never seen your problem.Maybe you need to quit this account and build another new one.

10. deeddawg thread starter macrumors 604

Thanks. Yes, if it continues much longer I will do just that.