Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
Hello all, a Thank you in advance for any help.

Is there any way to change what program opens pdfs in Firefox? I looked under preferences under the "Download Actions" window, but PDFs are not listed. Any advice?

Secondly, is there any way to hide all extensions on files in the Finder? I have "Show all file extensions" under the Finder pref's unchecked, but obviously that doesn't do the trick. Is there a "Hide all file extensions" button I'm missing? If there is, is there also any way to just apply it to certain folders?

Thanks again guys.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Hello all, a Thank you in advance for any help.

Is there any way to change what program opens pdfs in Firefox? I looked under preferences under the "Download Actions" window, but PDFs are not listed. Any advice?

Secondly, is there any way to hide all extensions on files in the Finder? I have "Show all file extensions" under the Finder pref's unchecked, but obviously that doesn't do the trick. Is there a "Hide all file extensions" button I'm missing? If there is, is there also any way to just apply it to certain folders?

Thanks again guys.
For your Firefox question: Yes you can, but you'll have to add it into the Download Actions window yourself.

As for your Finder question: I often wish there was such a feature :(

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
For your Firefox question: Yes you can, but you'll have to add it into the Download Actions window yourself.

As for your Finder question: I often wish there was such a feature :(

In the Firefox window, I only have an option to change one of the actions, not to add one. How would I go about adding an action to deal with PDFs?
Bummer about the Finder.

Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.