HELP! Two "upgrades" same line Apple.com $199 on first day of pre-order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bender322, Jul 4, 2010.

1. bender322 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a question of how this will be handled and how much I will be charged. On the first pre-order day, I went to apples site and tried to pre order repeatedly. When all was said and done, I somehow had two pre-orders(both "upgrades" on the same line). One for delivery on the 24th and one for July.

The first one shipped and I received it. With the second one, when they went to finish processing and ship, they had a problem and sent me an email. It said they will try to reprocess every day for 7 days and then cancel the order. I figured fine they will just end up canceling it. In the mean time, I went to AT&T.com on the 29th and added a line for my girlfriend and ordered an iPhone 4.

Now yesterday, I receive an email from APPLE.COM - "We have now received all required information to finish processing your order. Your phone will ship in 3-5 business days" Delivers July 9th-July 14th.

I know everyone says both orders wont ship, but they were both technically ordered on different lines, and they have both made it through the processing phase. What happens if they both do ship and I am charged $199 for each. Can Apple or AT&T go back in and recharge me the full price?

2. bender322 thread starter macrumors newbie

Has anyone received two iPhones for the $199 subsidized price on the same line? My friend wants to get one but doesn't want to wait. If I receive both of these, I want to be able to sell him one for exactly what I paid for it and not get charged $699 by Apple later on.

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

So basically you're trying to steal from apple. This makes you no better than a common criminal that rips off old ladies purse to support a drug habit. You WILL be charged the extra money, maybe not now but eventually.

Stop being what is wrong with the world (trying to get something for nothing) and be an adult. Stop trying to justify stealing ("it's not MY fault they sent me 2 phones for $199"), tell your friend to stop trying to be an accomplice to your criminal activity (receiving stolen goods) and buy a phone that isn't stolen. The fact that you're even thinking about trying to steal shows a lack of maturity and integrity. You're pathetic.

Oh and they were not "technically ordered on different lines", you say yourself that you ordered 2 phones on 1 line.

4. rritterson macrumors 6502

My best guess is that you will have trouble activating the second phone because you'll have to activate it on the first line in order to avoid a retroactive $400 charge. When you try to activate, AT&T will see you are not eligible for an upgrade and charge you automatically.

If you activate on a different like, AT&T will charge you $400 automatically. If you don't activate at all, AT&T will charge you $400 automatically.

Best way is to either return the phone and avoid the charge, or try to sell the phone on eBay for something more than $599 so you can make a profit and still have enough to pay the $400 fee.

5. tnisatard macrumors 6502

this exactly happened to me when I ordered from AT&T

i called at&t and told them and they said I can keep it and to think of it as an "early christmas present" from AT&t

then a customer rep from AT&T later let me know that i have 2 options

1) return it because i know it was a mistake and get my $254 back, (thats the subsidized price + tax in CA)

2) keep it and pray AT&T wont charge me the full retail price

So I started getting different responses because 2 customer reps said I could keep it and 1 said no

but anyways I sold mines on craigslist for 700 therefore putting myself in a position where worst case scenario I gain $50, best case scenario I gain like $450

so my advice just call Apple/AT&T to see what are your options and have them document it

6. bender322 thread starter macrumors newbie

Every post you write on this site is garbage. You haven't posted a single insightful thing. You post in every thread calling people out, putting them down, or calling BS on their posts. You are the real troll, not the countless others you bash and belittle.

This isn't even close to stealing. If their system was jacked up enough to sell me the phone, then why not take it? I'm still paying $199 for it and I'm not going to profit from it. Basically all I am doing is helping out a friend who is still going to use the phone on AT&T.

7. ScKcBc macrumors regular

Really? He's really the same guy whose on drugs and robs an old lady for her purse? Did you purposely think up the most scumbag thing to relate him to or that's just what popped into your head?

You need to loosen up or just get a life man. Your post screams of someone is pathetic and pissed at a life. Idk if you're still a virgin or something, but figure it out so you can lighten up.

8. army91c macrumors 6502a

LoL, says the guy with 7 posts and 2 of those are in a thread trying to justify being a thief! What a joke. Don't be angry at me because some one called you out and called you what you are.
    Again, you try and justify being a criminal because of their "jacked up system". So if your bank accidentally puts money that's not yours into your account and you spend that money you will be liable for it. You will also be charged with a CRIME for spending the money you know wasn't yours.
    Yeah, working in a jail I see lots of people just like you. It is stealing because you know the phone wouldn't of cost you $199 if you purchased it legitimately.
    Your damn right I call bs on people's posts.... if it looks like bs, smells like bs, guess what.... it's probably bs. Don't want me to post in your thread and call you out.....don't try and justify being a criminal, easy enough.

Nice pm by the way.... just what I expected from someone like you. ;)

Yes, he is the same as that guy. Of course I can now see where your morals (or lack there of) stand. I won't "loosen" up when people are trying to figure out if they can get away with a crime and post it on a forum for all to see. Your pathetic attempts at insulting me are humorous though, juvenile and laughable but humorous. If you're going to try and be "that guy", at least try harder so you don't look so pathetic as you do it. :rolleyes: