Help! Tzones with iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KBenton, Jun 25, 2009.

1. KBenton macrumors member

Okay guys I have a question. I have an iPhone and I am using tmobile. I have the 3G with 3.0 firmware. I want to add internet but not the 19.99 internet.

I know that there is a 'Tzones' internet to use and tweek so you can get full internet on the phone and that it is $5.99. However I just called tmobile and asked to add tzones and they said their cheapest option is 'web2go' and it is $9.99.

Any help will be much appreciated.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's correct. They don't offer tzones any more. I called them last week and they told me the same. I added the $9.99 plan too.

3. KBenton thread starter macrumors member

So i would have to add this 9.99 plan and use the 'epc.tmobile.com' apn?

4. reelbgpunk macrumors member

That should work. From what I've seen, the epc APN will work with all of TMo's internet plans. I could be wrong though. Glad I was grandfathered into tzones, although 9.99 is still a great deal compared to ATT.

5. jaredririe20 macrumors member

I have an unlocked T-Mobile 3G on 3.0. What is the "epc.tmobile.com" apn? What will it allow me to do?

6. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

If you don't have the 9.99 web2go data plan from T-Mobile, it does nothing for u.

If you do have it, you enter epc.tmobile.com or internet2.voicestream.com in :

Settings --> General --> Network --> Cellular Data Network --> APN

enter, don't need to put anything in username and password, and you will have access to EDGE, which is internet everywhere, without the use of wifi.

7. Chili Bowl macrumors newbie

I got the $5.99 Tzones data about 3-4 months ago. Had to go through a couple of steps to get it and it worked.

8. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

as of now, the only way to get T-Zones is if you have had T-Zones in the past, or another line your account had T-Zones. If another line had t-zones, just simply call up customer service and request for the t-zones to be put onto your other line, and everything should be peachy.

9. iTouch macrumors 6502

Not true. I just added T-Zone to my iPhone 3G. I used code TZUNL599 courtesy of slickdeals. The only problem is getting the rep to add the code. So in the end, $5.99 for unlimited data and $4.99 for 400 text messages. I was paying $24.99 for over six months before that.

10. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

yeah, the reps are a lot more strict about using that code now. It used to be really easy to get them to add it through that code, but i think tmobile's caught onto it.

11. tnisatard macrumors 6502

true

btw, it may be possible getting t-zones for 2.99

i got t-zones in january for 5.99

and yesterday, i just got t-mobile to add unlimted text for 9.99 for my whole family

search up slickdeals on how to get it

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I tried the same thing with that code but none of them were willing to do it :(
    After speaking to 3 different reps I gave up and got the $9.99 data plan.
    I guess you gotta be lucky too.

13. thaliagoo macrumors newbie

Yea, it's not quite as simple as calling t-mobile and asking them to add $5.99 T-zones in. You have to be lucky-- really lucky-- or you may be speaking to 10 different reps and getting 10 refusals.

14. iTouch macrumors 6502

I didn't have a problem. The rep was real cool when he entered the code for me. I think the key is call in with an old phone and say you want a downgraded plan like T-Zone. That should be enough. I had to emphasis I had an old phone and wanted the bare minimum to use with my phone before I purchase a new phone. Remember T-Mobile knows what phone you have because of the IMEI.

15. mannystyle24 macrumors newbie

Hope This Helps Anyone With Iphone 3g And T-zones $5.99

THIS IS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE IPHONE 3G WITH T-ZONES $5.99 ALREADY AND HERES WHAT U HAVE TO DO TO GET THE INTERNET BACK WORKING

Step 1: Delete stored APN.
    Step 2: Turn off Data Roaming
    Step 3: Press the Reset Statistics button in the Usage section in General Settings.
    Step 4: Shutdown iPhone and Restart.
    Step 5: Re-input APN information and INTERNET SHOULD BE WORKING AGAIN.

P.S THE APN THAT WORKED FOR MY IPHONE 3G IS EPC.TMOBILE.COM PASSWORD LEAVE BLANK

;)