Help: uMBP has severe problems - Can't klick, boot takes forever, blue boot up screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thorbenh, Apr 8, 2010.

1. thorbenh macrumors member

Hi folks,

since some days, my uMBP 13" seems to die gradually. It started with the Mac freeze-screen and I was asked to reboot. Then, when I bootet the machine I saw the Desktop but I could not klick with the pointer (even external mouse) until 10 Minutes or so.

The uMBP was still freezing each time I used it after some minutes. Then I tried to reinstall Snow Leo. First, it did not boot in the Install Menu at all. After many attempts I succeeded (and after formatting from my WIn7 partition) and at some point it installed the system. When I thought that was done and install would be complete, MAC OS install tells me it could not could not complete install as it couldn't start from the Startvolume. I was supposed to chose the startvolume with the servicetool. The tool told me it could not suceed (something with a "bless-tool" which could not pick the volume).

However, after some boot attempts it eventually started with the very first start screen of Snow Leo (apple id, pick user name, etc ...). That boot attempt took 5 minutes!!!

I am right now downloading Snow Leo updated but everything is somehow slow and laggy. Sometimes even the curser is not running smooth.

Every boot attempt takes many minutes and first I boot into a light blue screen. After minutes I can finally see my desktop......

I thought it would be my original RAM. I took out the first 2GB --- the same, then the second I replaced the two --- the same. I replaced the HDD,... no success either.

What can it be??? Motherboard broken? It is still under warranty, but how should I explain this fault to Apple????

Many thanks for any hint!!!!

Th

2. thorbenh thread starter macrumors member

BTW: I bootet with the Install DVD and "D" and did the Hardware Check (2 hours). No problem found ... I can not believe it. As I mentioned, I did two clean installs with two differend HDDs and have exactly the same problems.

3. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

Just tell them that it is extremely lagging, especially in the booting process. The "blue screen" is normal. The background is blue until it loads your desktop settings.

Try repairing disk permissions/running a disk repair. If those fail, take it to the Apple store and explain to them that your computer is lagging severely.

4. thorbenh thread starter macrumors member

I will do that. It is really weird collection of problems, isn't it? This night I was able to let the machine do a safe erase of free space and when I got back to the computer I only touched the Trackpad and immediately got the Apple-typical freeze-screen which is rolling from top to the bottom.