Help! Unable to Boot Windows on MacBook.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jessie1209, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Jessie1209 macrumors newbie

Hi There,

I have an SSD for my MacBook. It is running Snow Leopard with all the latest updates applied. Everything was great.

I partitioned a 40GB partition for Windows 7 installation by Boot Camp AssistantDisk Partition. It then prompted me to insert a Windows 7 disk and then it restarted.

The tragedy is that when I choose the Windows 7 Ultimate Installation DVD at system boot up, the drive whizzes for a short while and then just seems to hang the system with a grey screen.

No matter what bootable disk I put in the MacBook DVD drive - either CD or DVD, Windows xp or vista neither could work.

The strange thing though, is if I put in the Mac OS X Snow Leopard install DVD, it boots up perfectly fine.

Hardware:
    Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 800MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00
    SMC Version(system): 1.31f0

Is anyone able to help me with this issue?
    It's the fault of SSD or mac os?

Thanks
    Jessie

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Got to ask, any chance you're installing with pirated versions of Windows? If the SuperDrive can read the OS X install DVD and probably other discs no problems, perhaps the problem lies with those discs only.

Try to insert the discs in OS X and see what mounts on the desktop.

3. Jessie1209 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for iLog.Genius.
    I tried Windows XP-SP3, Windows 7 Ultimate/ Professional, Windows Vista, all can't work.
    All these discs work well on my original HDD.