help, unable to delete bookmarks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mactaylor, Apr 2, 2012.

1. mactaylor macrumors newbie

hello MacRumors forums,
    can someone help me out please?

I am deleting bookmarks at the URL, so for me this involves getting the page up, clicking on the blue star at the right of URL, then deleting the bookmark from the drop down menu.
    Trouble is, occasionally I find a stubborn page, where the blue star [incidative of the bookmark] vanishes upon clicking on it from the remembered bookmarks.

Screen shots to illustrate:

blue stars on remembered bookmarks:

[​IMG]

blue star vanished on one page after clicking one of the selected:
    [​IMG]

1. Can anyone tell me please, how to proceed when the blue star vanishes?
    This is what I click on, to remove bookmark so I'm stuck when it is absent [frequently].

2. Also, I'm coming up against pages that are error 404 / longer exist, but as they are still bookmarked, I cannot delete them.

Any tips here too please?

Caps + command + delete are held to delete a bookmark and I am getting spinning beach ball of death when i select Bookmarks at top of screen.
    This tells me the bookmarks must be too full for the mac to cope with [I researched spinning beach ball of death to find out why it happens]

What I tried:

I looked up 404 errors but was given results for web hosting. Was unsure where to go from there as I am not hosting any websites, just trying to declutter the mac book pro [15 inch]

Details:

Running Firefox 11.0
    Mac OS X 10.5.8
    Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

I am a fairly intuitive mac user with some problems i have experienced but some Mac issues are above my head. [you tube has been helpful]

I regularly try to understand more about my mac when i become confused about its behaviour and I research to fill gaps in knowledge.

Any help would be gratefully received, thank you :)

take care,
    mactaylor

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

doesnt right clicking the bookmark from the bookmark pane have a delete option?