[Help] Unable to get Network Drivers installed on Win7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Indiefinch, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Indiefinch macrumors newbie

Hey all, I have come here in my last ditch effort of desperation.

I purchased a new 21.5' iMac yesterday and have been trying all day to get Win7 installed via bootcamp. The drive is partitioned, I can early boot in and out of Windows. However, I am unable to connect to the internet.

I used my Snow Leopard CD while in windows and got the "Unsupported 64" error message. But was able to go open/drivers/apple/BootCamp64 then Troubleshoot, and launched it that way. Which it then installed. I then have done the same and manually installed any driver that it would allow me to (broadcom, intel..etc)

Since then I can't find any way to connect to the internet either via ethernet or wireless. I downloaded both BootCamp 3.1 and 3.2 onto a USB Drive and installed both on the Windows side, still no progress. I have gone through the control panel and tried to manually install the "Intel Ethernet Drivers" and "Broadcom" drivers from the Snow Leopard disc. Still no luck there, says nothing can be found.

Where do I go from here? I called Apple Care and they pretty much said "We dont do Windows, good luck!" Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Indiefinch thread starter macrumors newbie

Ended up getting the problem fixed. I used the DVD that came with the new iMac which had 10.6 on it. And the drivers seemed to be updated and worked.