iPhone Help!!! Unable to Install an iOS onto my iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Mark1542, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Mark1542 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, ok here is what is happening. I have had beta 6 on my phone for a while now. I downloaded the GM last week, but wanted to wait until I got itunes 11.1 onto my computer so I could sync music. So today after I got that loaded, I waited to see if the GM was the same as the OTA release (which it was), so I commenced with loading the GM onto my phone through itunes. However, it got hung up somehow, and after waiting for about an hour, I tried to reset my phone and do the update again. I have tried multiple items: reinstalling beta, installing the GM, restoring iOS from itunes (which is now iOS 7). I even downloaded an older ios 6 version to see if I could get that on, but I keep getting errors. Now, itunes won't even recognize my phone when I plug it in! Does anybody have any ideas as to what I can do to just get it working...I don't even care which iOS I have going lol.

Thanks for any input you have!

2. Mark1542 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been reading more on this, so I decided to uninstall all apple components (itunes, bonjour, installer, etc.) and reinstall them to see if it would work, but it did not unfortunately.

3. as11ley macrumors 6502

as11ley

4. matttye macrumors 601

Have you tried putting the phone into DFU mode?

5. Mark1542 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, if that is to just hold power and home buttons while plugged in...still nothing.

I do think I found the issue though. The Apple Mobile Device is "stopped" when I go to Services on my computer. The problem is, I can't get it to start. I am researching this as we speak

6. matttye macrumors 601

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

7. Mark1542 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok just tried again and did have it in DFU mode. I get the icon with the USB cable and the up arrow pointing to iTunes. The computer "dings" when I plug it in, but nothing happens in itunes.

8. Mark1542 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried this multiple times, but it just keeps going back to the logo with the usb cable and the up arrow pointing to itunes.

----------

Lol talk about talking too soon...I have gotten it in DFU mode, but itunes is still not recognizing that a device has been plugged in...now what?

9. Mark1542 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok FINALLY got itunes to recognize it. I had to delete itunes and all of the apple components again and reload them. But, I got an error once it started updating!!! I give up lol...