Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Molopo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
I have a jailbroken and unlocked iphone 3gs on iOS 4.1 with T-Mobile. When I send texts containing Chinese characters, it shows up on the recipient's screen as asterisks, one for each character. The recipient has an iPhone 4 with 4.3.3 firmware. I've also tried with someone who owns an iPhone 3G. Same result. I've already tried enabling my MMS features, and it still doesn't work (picture messages do now.) Does ANYONE have a solution to this? I also called apple support, they couldn't help. I called t-mobile, no solution. i'm getting extremely desperate.... please help. Thank you.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I have a jailbroken and unlocked iphone 3gs on iOS 4.1 with T-Mobile. When I send texts containing Chinese characters, it shows up on the recipient's screen as asterisks, one for each character. The recipient has an iPhone 4 with 4.3.3 firmware. I've also tried with someone who owns an iPhone 3G. Same result. I've already tried enabling my MMS features, and it still doesn't work (picture messages do now.) Does ANYONE have a solution to this? I also called apple support, they couldn't help. I called t-mobile, no solution. i'm getting extremely desperate.... please help. Thank you.

I'm shocked that Apple nor T-Mobile offered to help you :rolleyes:

Molopo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
I'm shocked that Apple nor T-Mobile offered to help you :rolleyes:

For the record, I called T-Mobile and they directed me to Apple. Apple failed and directed me to AT&T because I told them I had AT&T.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.