HELP, unlock and jailbreak iphone - UK

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Rachelf1991, May 20, 2011.

1. Rachelf1991 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

Okay I have my iphone 3gs unlocked and jailbroken on version 3.1.3, but now I want to update my phone with the latest update 4.3.1 or whatever it is on itunes so how do I do that myself aswell as unlocking and jailbreaking my iphone again?. I got it done at the shop but they said they dont have the latest jailbreaking software.

The firmware is 05.12.01 and i'm on 02 - UK pay as you go, can anyone help me?

Please help, i'm so confused, in simple terms i'm a woman lol! :)

Thanks!!.

2. Rachelf1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You need to use pwnage tool to create custom firmware. This is the only way to avoid updating your baseband and lose your unlock. Pwnage tool will modify the standard version of the file from apple, jailbreak it and keep the old baseband. You then restore the phone to the custom firmware and run ultrasn0w from cydia to unlock. I suggest you take a look at iclarify and make sure you fully understand the process before starting.

Unless you have SHSH files you will not be able to go to 4.3.1 but will have to work with 4.3.3 which is the version currently being signed by apple.

Pwnage tool will also put the phone in pwned dfu mode before the restore.

4. Rachelf1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay so if I updated my iphone to 4.3.3 then downloaded pwnagetool I could then jailbreak my iphone - http://www.spiritjb.org/2011/05/433-jailbreak-untethered-pwnagetool-433.html

And then downloading ultrasnow 1.2.3 to unlock my phone on my current baseband 05.12.01? -
    http://www.spiritjb.org/2011/05/unlock-433-ultrasn0w-123-guide.html

I'm just wondering if this will work as the place I previously jailbroken and unlocked my phone said that the 4.3.3 update - to unlock and jailbreak wasnt available yet.

Sorry for being a pest but I've looked at many articles and lots of them are telling me I have to do different things to update my iphone.

Thanks

5. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

NO, you do not update to 4.3.3. What you need to do:

1) Download the official 4.3.3 firmware (google).
    2) Use Pwnagetool(Mac) or Snowbreeze(windows) to create a custom 4.3.3 firmware (one that keeps your current baseband = possible unlock).
    3) Use Pwnagetool(Mac) or Redsnow(windows) to put the phone into a special DFU mode.
    4) Restore with the custom firmware through iTunes.
    5) Install Ultrasnow through Cydia to unlock.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Why don't you just pay O2 the 15 quid to unlock your phone properly then settle for just jailbreaking!

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I just noticed you said you are on o2 UK. They will factory unlock your phone for free and then you can use any firmware you want without concern.

Just go to this page http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/unlockmyiphone.html
    select the appropriate section for contract or pay and go and fill in the form.

Pay and go will be sterling 15 for the unlock

They will unlock your phone within two weeks.

8. Rachelf1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!. I'll look into that!.
    I already tried but my phone was on Vodafone contract so O2 don't touch any iphones on other networks unfortunatley, wish I could would have been much easier for me.

Thanks!.

9. Rachelf1991, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011

Rachelf1991 thread starter macrumors newbie