help Unlock Iphone using ziphone.org

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by moti, Oct 30, 2008.

1. moti macrumors newbie

I unlock my new Iphone using ziphone. When I connected to Itune it ask me for updates and after the update it gave me messgae that I don;t have the right SIM ( I replaced the at&t SIM with t-mobile after the unlock).
    from this point I tried to :
    rerun again ziphone , it reboot the iphone and stay with rebooting for ever.
    the onlything I could do is to click the restore bottom on itune.

I'm using itunes 8.0.1.1.1.
    I tried to restore using firmware 1.1.4 and 1.1.3 but everytime that i did it itune stop with unknown error(20)

anyone can help , please

2. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

Ziphone is for older phones only, and it has been known to cause instability.

Use PwnageTool, or QuickPwn.

Make sure that you uncheck the "Activate" box, if you are a legitimate user of your carrier (for example, you didn't take an iPhone to T-Mobile).

3. moti thread starter macrumors newbie

do u have a link to PwnageTool ? is it an .exe that I need to run on my desktop or how ?

4. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Ziphone unlock is for 1 gen phones and only up to 1.1.4 sofwear if im not mistaken. He is working on a version to unlock newer versions but isnt done yet.

Cant wait for that.

5. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

This is a direct link to the Dev Team's blog.

For the Windows version of QuickPwn, scroll down to the part where it says, "Redmond, We Have a PwnApple!"

There, you will see some links to download QuickPwn.

6. moti thread starter macrumors newbie

Thnaks,
    but before I'm going there , I did "hard" reset and now when I'm trying to restore using 1.1.4 file itunes give me error 1602

7. Luvinia Krista macrumors newbie

Yeah, I know Im a dumbass! I just didnt read it before clicking the button.
    the software I used to unlock was the 1.1.4 version of Ziphone (download.ziphone.org).Instead of reading it and clicking on "Jailbreak" under the iPhone/iPod Touch heading I clicked on "Unlock, Jailbreak & Activate under the iPhone Heading.The code on my iPod is now just repeating the following line...BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0....My iTunes wont recognise that the iPod is plugged in so I cant restore the firmware and I can't find any solutions for this.....!