Help. Unlocked & Jailbroken & Stuck Boot Screen.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by yuanmoons, Nov 16, 2010.

1. yuanmoons macrumors 6502

I did an unlock and jailbrake using pwnage tool to 3.1.3. All worked fine. Then i decided to sell the iPhone and used the General/Settings/Erasure & Reset All etc...... it started the process and i suspect upon booting its got stuck and is just always ON with the apple logo showing.

Im guessing the cydia bit, bootloader or whatever was in the user bit of the drive which got erased and now it just gets stuck at this point - it never starts.

Is there anyway to revive this iPhone 2?

Any help is appreciated. Im guessing its now a brick.....

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I'm not sure I follow, you selected Erase All Content and Settings? If so, it erased all content, including the OS. You would need to restore a custom firmware package using Pwnage Tool and if needed, unlock the phone. Which iPhone to you have? I'm not sure what "iPhone 2" means. :)

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes what he said above. Erase all content will do that so you need to restore. Are using the original iPhone 2G?

4. yuanmoons thread starter macrumors 6502

When i say erase all contents & settings - its the APPLE OSi settings i used - so it would not erase the OS, would it? I thought just the photos, music etc etc etc. Surely they wouldnt want the average user to delete and restore the OS.

I expected it to restart with a blank/new original iPhone 2.

Ive connected it to iTunes but it doesnt show. The iPhone 2 is STUCK on the apple logo boot / starting screen. It wont boot to the start screen.

I saw this http://d.pr/H2an

I dont know how to get past the boot screen - it wont even switch off..... :-(

5. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Yes, it would. Erase All Content and Settings, erases ALL content, including the iOS. That's why it says Erase All Content. :) Unfortunately there's no way to just erase photos, texts, music, etc.

Again, you'll need to just restore a custom firmware to your device. Unfortunately I'm still not sure what an "iPhone 2" is. Is it the original 2G (EDGE)? Is it the 2nd iteration making it the iPhone3G? Depending on the model, my recommendations for firmware and unlock method would change.

6. yuanmoons thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your help but i cant do anything with the iPhone as it is....

Its the original iPhone 2 - the very FIRST iPhone.

What i dont understand is what can i do if i cant get past the boot screen? How do i restore anything if i wont go past the boot screen?

I cant get it to DFU mode because i wont connect to iTune or Pwnage tool etc?

Ive pressed the home & power button and although the screen goes off for a few seconds it does not go into DFU mode and it not recognised in anyway by itunes etc.

Any other suggestions?

Maybe im missing something obvious but the phone is STUCK permenantly on the boot screen. It does NOT switch off no matter what i press or sticking the sync cable in and 'connecting' it to itunes, which doesnt acknowledge it .... i guess it will go off once the battery dies...

7. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I would start with following the instructions in the links Applejuiced provided...

You don't need iTunes to recognize it to put in DFU mode.

8. Ryno1522 macrumors newbie

Just boot your phone into recovery mode or DFU mode and itunes will recognize your phone and you will be able to recover.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You gotta keep trying to get it in DFU mode, then itunes will recognize it and let you restore it.
    Follow that link and do it till you time it perfect.

10. yuanmoons thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you all. I did as advised this morning and the iPhone is all working and on its way to its new owner. But forget to install youtube fix via cydia - will have to explain later/walk through .... :(

Thanks alot :)