Help: Unlocking iPhone 4 4.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Rob Nguyen, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Rob Nguyen, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010

Rob Nguyen macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I have a iPhone 4 that i need help to unlock. Can someone please help guide me how to unlock my phone. I've did my search around the forums and I couldn't run across anything. I'm also a newbie to all this so don't bash on me for cluttering the forum with a topic that has already been discussed. :eek:. Thanks in advance for any help. I took a screen shot of my general iphone setup if thats help. Thanks again.

Rob

Attached Files:

2. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

imo you should edit out your model # and serial # just for security purposes.

3. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Currently, IP 4 with baseband (modern Firmware) 2.10 and above can't be unlock. When there is a way, will posted on site below.

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

4. Rob Nguyen thread starter macrumors newbie

thank Vong.

5. Rob Nguyen thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Myzhi. Does anyone know when this will be available or how long the wait time is?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Noone knows exactly when or how long it will take but we do know that they are working on it.

7. Rob Nguyen thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the info, I'm currently in vietnam right now and I had a buddy install limera1n on my phone before i left the u.s. thinking i was good to go but we were wrong :(. To those who are figuring out this issue please do so a.s.a.p. cuz this sucks lol.. Thanks again fellow MacRumors.

Rob

8. intoxicated662 macrumors regular

I'm looking forward to the day that an Unlock arrives. No more crappy at&t service and wanna use my phone on t-mobile instead, alot better service and all. Any way to make a sticky thread to keep us posted on the status of unlock for iphone 4? That way we can prevent so many threads from being made :eek:

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Just keep an eye on this blog.
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

10. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

11. Rob Nguyen thread starter macrumors newbie

I believe i get one free pass for a pointless thread since im a newbie. lol. But yeah, the at&t service does suck, i had tmobile before and never had a issue. I think it was better just forking out the cash to get a unlock one would have been a better move then opening up a contract.

12. intoxicated662 macrumors regular

well, I don't have $800 lying around to just go and spend on an iphone to 'unlock' it so I got it for $300 instead and am going to wait it out now. I can wait, no biggie but it would be nice that sooner came than later. :p

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'll let you pass on the thread I'm sure you won't be the last. :rolleyes: On the T-mobile I don't get wanting to use a I4 to only get Edge. I think cell carriers suck or don't suck based where your at. Choice is always nice. if you go to the Dev-team log they have a list of recommended people to fallow via twitter. I also promise when it comes out this forum will be talking about it.

14. Rob Nguyen thread starter macrumors newbie

lol, thanks for the free pass labman, im on other forums and they seem to bash on what they seems as pointless thread all the time. Whats the point of forums if you cant help and share ides with other members right? overall this forums great. I got a lot of input and knowledge about my phone and mac. Cool members equals great forums.

15. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

FYI, I would have blocked out the IMEI and Serial Numbers...