Help unlocking iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ponchobot, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Ponchobot macrumors member

I know this might be a stupid question but i have been googling for hours now and i cannot find a solution.
    Is there a way to unlock any other basebands off the iPhone 4 not only 1.59.00 that ultrasn0w does.? And if so can you please supply a list of the basebands that are unlockable with Verson 4.0iOS and up.?

2. iFiend macrumors 65816

The iOS version has nothing to do with unlocking, only the baseband matters. Now the only free way to unlock an iPhone 4 is with ultrasn0w and it must be baseband 1.59.00. You can however use a Gevey SIM or have a company do it for you. These will cost money.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No only bb 01.59.00 can be unlocked.
    Or use a gevey like the dude said.

4. OceanView macrumors 65816

Any new info on unlock for BB 04.10.01 ?
    Seems like it's overdue

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Doesn't look good so far.

6. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Any new information on baseband unocks will be revealed by the iphone dev team. They are the ones responsible for free unlocks. They have a blog it's here: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

The don't hang around in this site (other than saurik who posted once or twice a long time ago). We get our information from them.

---Insert haters below who don't like when someone posts factual information.----

7. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

To be honest, I don't think the hackers are trying to unlock the newer basebands. Sherif said in December that there would be an unlock for 3.10 Baseband in Mid January, but obviously that hasn't happened. I am very doubtful they will unlock anything after 1.59.00 before the next iPhone is released (iPhone 5).

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

He got Involved in the political unrest in his country. Shame on him. I think allot of the hackers are sick of all tge crybabies. At least those that feel intitled to jb/un

9. navigates macrumors 6502a

It’s been a very long time until any news in and around unlocks is out now. During 3g, 3gs, the unlocks were very quick. On the IP4, the wait was around the latest release of the 4.3. Now we are 4.3.1. I believe 4.3.1 has changed the baseband again to a new algorithm. I'm not sure if they will hang on for some time with the new algorithm or release the unlock.

I just went for a short business trip and used data roaming which costs about 19.95 an MB. Trip was sudden and I didn't have the time to purchase the rebel or gevey.

In my opinion it is wrong in AT&T's part to not genuinely unlock the iPhone when there are legitimate users satisfying the contract. In any case they have an early termination fee any ways.

Instead of us pursing the dev team, we should start an online petition to enable AT&T unlocking the iPhone legally.