iPhone [Help?!] Unlocking iPhone 4S - iOS 5.1.1 - is it possible?

eratoc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2013
Hello, friends!

As of today I got a new iPhone 4S, but unfortunately it's locked. As of now it's untethered jailbroken, and I've been searching the internet for 4 hours to find a way to unlock the phone without any success.

My iOS is 5.1.1 and my "Modemfirmware" is 04.12.01.

Is there any way? Upgrade/downgrade it from 5.1.1 and unlock it somehow, maybe? Or could it work for 5.1.1?
Model is "MC605KS" and it's locked to a Swedish operator called "Tre".

Any kind of help is appreaciated!

Thank you,
Eratoc

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Only an IMEI unlock will work on the 4S, try contacting the carrier or try online to get an IMEI UNLOCK.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hello, friends!

As of today I got a new iPhone 4S, but unfortunately it's locked. As of now it's untethered jailbroken, and I've been searching the internet for 4 hours to find a way to unlock the phone without any success.

Is there any way? Upgrade/downgrade it from 5.1.1 and unlock it somehow, maybe? Or could it work for 5.1.1?

Thank you,
Eratoc
There is no software unlock for the 4S, you have to contact the carrier to get it unlocked or buy an unlock from elsewhere like eBay for example

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hello, friends!

Thank you,
Eratoc
Are you even sure what phone you bought (iPhone 4 - 4S) because the baseband (modem firmware) you cited is iPhone 4 only.

If it is an iPhone 4 with 4.12.xx baseband, your only option to unlock is an IMEI unlock.

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Firmware#iPhone_4S

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Firmware#iPhone_4

alastairhall

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2013
[iPhone] [Help?!] Unlocking iPhone 4S - iOS 5.1.1 - is it possible?

If you still have problem you better speak to customer. It will save you time and money.