Help!! Unlocking my iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by islandgirl, May 13, 2012.

1. islandgirl macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    so heres my dilema..i recently lost my iphone 4 and i bought another one on craigslist which is locked to another carrier..now i thought i could just buy the phone and have it unlocked easily..the guy who sold it to me unfortunately forgot to mention that you cant unlock phones that are running on the latest softwre..now the phone is completely wiped out and waiting to be restored and it has no sim in it b/c the guy took his old one and mine wont work in it..i need my phone asap for work,.... and i truly have no idea what to do..to the best of my knowledge the phone is not jailbroken. help :confused:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Shouldn't you be asking all that and figuring out if you can unlock it or not before you buy it?
    The seller is supposed to hold your hand? He just cares about getting his money.

3. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Well, what model phone, version of iOS, and (most importantly) carrier is it on?

4. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

If I were to make a $250-$400 purchase I'd look into every single detail and be able to spit out facts left and right before I actually spend my money.