Help! Unusually high CPU load for my MBP 13" running on bootcamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FlushX, Jun 12, 2010.

1. FlushX macrumors newbie

Hi to fellow Mac users! Recently, I bought my first Mac, a C2D MBP 13"

I really love the machine. But I'm experiencing this particular issue of having high cpu load of up to 80% while on W7 Professional bootcamp even though I'm not running any graphic intensive programs.

Specs: 2.4Ghz MBP 13" (The recently refreshed model)
    Windows 7 Professional 32bit (MSDNA Edition)

Upon successful installation of W7, I inserted the OS X disc inside and the bootcamp drivers installed successfully. So I'm quite sure the drivers are okay.

Being a DotA lover, I installed WC3 on my bootcamp. However, I realise that whenenver I'm on windows mode, the machine is very laggy. I even have problem opening a browser when I alt tab out from WC3. Is this normal?

even when idle, the cpu load on the processor jumps from 1% to 47% randomly. Just fluctuates randomly. I'm having a serious headache. I'm quite sure my Windows Security Essentials is not doing any scan btw

Can anyone help me? :(

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

You can run warcraft 3 natively on OS X with the same performance. Can't really help you much more than that, windows is quirky sometimes.

3. FlushX thread starter macrumors newbie

yes. i know that. but i'm actually not playing thru bnet. but other 3rd party platform.

4. Timur macrumors 6502a

Timur

First try to find out *what* causes the CPU load via Task-Manager (Show Processes from all users) or Resource Monitor. Then we may be able to help you. ;)

5. FlushX thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm wondering if the problem lies with the MBP since my friends have no problem with the W7 professional from MSDNA running on bootcamp.