HELP! - Update problem - please help!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by -Josh-, Nov 26, 2007.

1. -Josh- macrumors regular

Okay here it goes. I'll do a short summary.
    I had problems installing the update for my new Mac. Everytime it would install i would ask to reboot, and then when I did I received some kind of error.
    I made a thread about it and someone linked me to Apple.com and I downloaded the update directly from the website - this time it installed. Or so I think?
    I don't think I got the update. I was told that the update fixes the firewall issue. I see my firewall option is currently on "Allow all in coming connections" and there's an option for, "allow only essential services" I was told the update adresses that, but mine is untouched.
    I went to software update to see if it reads my Macbook isn't up to date, and according to software update there aren't any new ones. However, when I go to installed update, I don't see Mac OS X on there. I see iPhoto update and the iTunes update, but that's it.

Is my Mac updated? and if it is, why is my firewall setting unchanged?

Thanks

Josh

2. Type121 macrumors regular

You got the update. The "Allow only essential services" language is new to 10.5.1. The update didn't change forcibly change anyone's firewall settings, it just clarified what those settings do.

3. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

If you hit the Apple menu button and then "About this Mac" does it say you're running 10.5.1?