HELP: Upgraded to 3gs - lost all my apps!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djrobsd, Dec 13, 2009.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

I upgraded to 3GS. Brought my phone home, plugged it into itunes, and it asked me if I wanted to restore the backup created by my old phone, so I said yes, and it took about 30 minutes to restore everything.... Well, everything except my apps! They are all gone!

How do I get my apps back without having to download them all again (yes I know they are free, but I'd like to keep all my settings and chat history in AIM, etc...

BTW, in my itunes, I checked my sync options and I dont have anything set to sync (music, pictures, apps, etc)... Could that have anything to do with it?

How can I fix this? I still have my old phone, should I turn on App sync, back up the old phone again ,and then restore?

2. outphase macrumors 65816

Set the apps to sync (the same ones you had). After you get those all loaded on via iTunes, load up your backup again.

3. djrobsd thread starter macrumors 6502a

I bought the apps through the app store on the iphone, not in itunes, does that matter? There are no apps listed in itunes right now to sync.

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

You will have to download them all again either on your phone or through iTunes on your computer. This is why it's good to have them on your computer as well.

5. djrobsd thread starter macrumors 6502a

If I download it again, will my settings come back?

6. djrobsd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, I'm not sure if this is app specific or not, but I re-downloaded Grindr, and all my chats, photos, etc came back... It never asked me to login, so it already had my login info. So I think the iphone keeps your stuff and then when you re-load the app it all magically re-appears! I'll try AIM next. :)

7. djrobsd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah!

Installed AIm, everything came back!!! YAY!