Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psychotropic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Last week my macbook pro suffered a painful death. Tonight, I decided that I wanted to upgrade my iphone 3gs to 4.3.2 from 4.2.1. When I opened pwnage and started the process, it said that no firmware bundle can be found. Which firmware is this referring to? I was able to copy the Iphone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_custom_restore.ipsw from the old laptop on to my new one and I even downloaded the 4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw. What do I need to do to get this work? I am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff and am at a loss right now. Any information to help me is greatly appreciated.

Oh, btw, being on a mac do I need to use a program like tiny umbrella to save my shsh blobs or is there a more simple way to save them?

psychotropic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
Florida
I followed the first couple of steps from that website and I still can't get past the part where it tells me that it cannot find any firmware. I have downloaded the 4.3.2 firmware and is in a pwnage folder as suggested by that website.

Any other suggestions? Again, I appreciate any help.

psychotropic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
Florida
I have even tried to go through the expert mode and manually select the firmwares. This did not work either. I tried using both the 4.3.2. and 4.2.1 ipsw.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.