HELP!!(urgent) (can't boot OS X after installing Windows)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jylee1997123, Jun 10, 2012.

1. jylee1997123 macrumors newbie

Can anyone help me with this? I cant boot back into osx after installing windows , did i do wrong something? Correct me or help me if i got wrong.
So , first , i go to bootcamp to create partition 23gb and format that drive . Then i click on partition 4 which is 23 gb and click next . So it reboot and install window. After done installing , my windows cant detect any driver or network adapter. So i shutdown and press option to boot into mac , but it has nothing happen and continue , tried it for several times still same , so i go windows msconfig choose my startup setting theres only windows avaliable , so i reboot and try to acess openfirmware . It cant acess also. Help me please... T.T

2. klover macrumors 6502a

From Windows, try selecting the reboot in OSX option from the bootcamp tools (that grey diamond icon in system tray).

3. klover macrumors 6502a

Can you see the OSX partition from Windows Explorer?

4. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

klover is correct...you can always boot into OSX from Windows from the little gray icon in the lower right corner.
    I use this boot loader that gives me a choice at boot which operating system i wan to go into. It is called refit.....it is free and open source:
    http://refit.sourceforge.net/

5. Pentad, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

Have you tried rebooting your MBP while holding down the option key? That should bring up a boot menu that lists what items your MBP can boot into.

-P

6. jylee1997123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont think theres a little gray icon there also... help T.T