help - urgent

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by klugasi, Sep 30, 2011.

1. klugasi macrumors newbie

a friend of mine got me a phone from abroad , asking me if i can restore it to factory defaults . to me it seemed clear and easy - i hooked it up and clicked restore .... now , its asking for a sim card to in order to activate phone - but i guess my att card is not taking because its not sim free ( the phone ) . can anything be done ? i feel horrible for trying to help and maybe made things worst .....please save me - i'll be forever greatfull :)

2. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

first find out firmware and baseband, also find where it comes from!
    which country and possibly which carier is locked..
    then just buy a gevey sim to unlock it !!!

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Without giving information about your phone. Nothing we can help you with. Do you have a 2G, 3G, 3GS, Iphone 4? with hitting a restore button, you have the latest firmware on it and each version has different latest version firmware on it. For examples, 2G is 3.1.3, 3G is 4.2.1 etc.... and they use different tools to hactivate them to by pass emergency screen.

4. klugasi thread starter macrumors newbie

where is the restore button on the iphone 4 ? when i connect it itunes is just saying " no sim card " and so does the phone ....

where can i buy a gevey sim fast and low cost ? are they all the same ( i seen some on amazon so not sure .... ? ill be happy if at least i can return it to the way i got it : useless as a phone but usable as an ipod ... stressing out - the road to hell is paved with good intentions ....
    thanks

----------

its an iphone 4 , and it had 4.3.5 on it .... i was trying to restore it to factory settings thinking it will take it down to 4.3.3 :-(
    how do i bypass the emergency only screen and "no sim " messege ?

thanks

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You can restore via itunes or in the settings menu. However, right now, you can only do it via itunes.
    You can't take it down to 4.3.3 without blobs, so don't even try.
    You'll have to hacktivate the phone to bypass the connect screen. You'll have to search and see if the jb options for 4.3.5 have a hacktivation option.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Damn, sounds like you messed up your friends JB and unlocked iphone:D

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

Don't blame yourself obviously your friend trusted the wrong guy. So it's his fault. ;)

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    True, its 50/50 the blame:D