Help us develop the OS X Finder 2.0

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by EverydayApp, Mar 6, 2014.

1. EverydayApp macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

my name is Simon and I have an idea to revolutionize how we can work with the Mac OS X Finder and our Files. Instead of working on Folders, my idea is to use a files relationship. What Contacts are linked with a file? Is a file linked with a due-date? What project does it belong to?

My App, Everyday, knows the answer.

Currently we are having big success in Germany. But we need the help from all Mac OS X Users in the whole world. So please help us spread the word!

http://igg.me/at/everyday

Thank you very much,

Simon from Everyday

2. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Hmm

I respect and understand the value of this app, but I doubt I personally would find any value in it, as the process of tagging files with, for an example, a due date, is pretty much just as taxing as just organizing your folders and such. I'm not certain if it is even possible to mess with the standard Apple save panel in such ways, but if you could implement your app and it's essential functions into the standard save panel, allowing for faster and easier tagging, it might be more useful to more people. Also, looking into automatic tags for certain thing might be a good idea. E.g. if a file is saved to a certain folder or with a certain tag, a certain due date is automatically set, or a relation to a person is created. I don't know if OS X's API set allows for this, but if it does, I recommend you look into this.

Just friendly feedback. Hope it's useful. Wish you good luck!