iPad Help! Use iPad as a mouse and a keyboard on iMac?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ammolive, Jan 27, 2013.

1. ammolive, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013

ammolive macrumors newbie

Hello everyone... This is my first post on MacRumors so please bear with me :D

I just got back to college and brought my iMac back to the apartment with me, but somehow I made the stupid mistake of leaving both my wireless keyboard and mouse at home... I have my iPad and I'm wondering if there is any way for me to use it as a wireles keyboard and a mouse. I know there are many options to do this with apps that can be purchased on the App Store, but those apps require a software to be downloaded onto the Mac....which I have no way to access.

I'm looking for a way to control my Mac with my iPad without installing a software onto the Mac beforehand, if this is even possible. Thank you!

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

If you previously enabled SSH on your Mac you can connect to the same wireless network and use an App from the App Store to control your Mac through the Terminal.

Alternatively you could spend $20 and get a cheap generic USB keyboard and mouse. That would be a much better and more viable option that using your iPad as the primary input device.