help! used ziphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by juliarosales, Oct 11, 2008.

1. juliarosales macrumors newbie

on my ipod touch, it took to long so i closed the screen and reset my ipod, after the reset i got a screen that said the reset could not be completed. I turned off my touch and alot of white letters came up, non stop, i unplugged and plugged the ipod and now my computer doesnt recognize the ipod :( can someone help me in doing a reset, possibly also helping me in getting my computer to recognizing the ipod

any input is appreciated :)

2. Tejen Naidoo macrumors member

This happened to me once.its not a big problem to fix all you need to do is put your Ipod into DFU mode (not restore mode) and then do an upgrade to the firmware you want.make sure you are using the correct jailbreak programs with the correct firmware version ,not al programs are compatible with al firmwares.Please make sure that your Ipod is in dfu mode an not restore mode.if you do not know the difference than google it.

3. RRutter macrumors 6502

Perfect. Listen to him. Restore mode will not work right now, because there are some settings ZiPhone changed, and some original iPod Touch settings. If you need help with this, there are YouTube videos all over YouTube. Just put your iPod Touch into DFU mode, which is a special mode that Apple wanted no one else to know about at first, and than iTunes WILL detect it. Than, you can restore it. Try ZiPhone again after that, you got nothing to lose - the iPod Touch cannot really be 110% bricked and unusable, because iPod Touches do not have a baseband, which iPhones do. iPhones can be 110% bricked and unusable.
    Good Luck.

:apple: