Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Something915

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
I have a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.5.8 and I have downloaded the Xbox 360 controller driver from TattieBogle. When I go to system preferences, click on "Xboxo 360 Controllers" from the under section, then click on device, there are no options but no devices found. I have also downloaded USB Prober and it does find my controller. So how do I get Pref360Control to find my controller?

penter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2006
didn't work for me...
I think I typed the code into terminal the wrong way...
do you mind posting exactly how to type the commands into terminal?
am i supposed to replace the old ktext file with the new ktext file?

mgarman14

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2010
penter and something915...

if you haven't gotten it working yet, i was having a hell of a time as well until i used this command:

right before the "sudo kextload 360Controller.kext"

type: cd /system/library/extensions

I am a newbie at all of this stuff, but this worked for me.

mizzles

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2011
I hate to point this out apraetor, but your tutorial is for Snow Leopard. The OP is running Leopard. I too have been exhaustively trying to get my MadCatz 360 Controller to work to no avail. Please post with a relevant link if possible.

Again I stress that it should be worked for Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5.8). I think that might be the issue many of us who are using Leopard are running into.

apraetor

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2010
mea culpa.. my instructions were for 10.6 not 10.5.. but here's the fix

Oh, good point.. sorry. The commands for terminal are different in 10.5 -- instead of kextload the command you need to use is kextutil. So replace the final step in terminal with:
  • sudo kextload 360Controller.kext

Ciffy

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2011
Just want to add the instructions in the first reply worked for me with no changes. I'm on 10.5.8 with a MadCatz controller from Target (not sure of the model). Thanks a TON for the instructions as I never would have figured that out myself!

Now it's time to play my humble indie bundle games.... jamestown here I come!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.