Help: Using Burn 2.2u to burn Video_TS folder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wackymacky, Apr 20, 2009.

1. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Hi all

I am trying to back up some DVD is I OWN.

I used MTR to get the Video_TS folder on my HD.

I have been trying to get Burn to create a disk that will work on my stand alone DVD player (which supposedly supports DVD -/+R and RW well as DivX).

WHICH TYPE OF DISK DO I TELL BURN TO CREATE?

I've been trying to burn on to dual layer disk i.e 8.5 GB.
    Video_TS foldeer is 7 GB

If I chose the DATA TAB tell Burn to create a "DVD-video disk" I get a disk that my computer can play in the DVD App that functions like a DVD, BUT my stand alone DVD player won't recognise it. (tells me its a DATA disk).

If I chose the VIDEO TAB and try and Burn DVD-video disk, Burn tells me it is unable to do so, and when I check it, the log file is empty.

I haven’t compressed the Video_TS folder with Toast e.t.c because I though I was using dual layer DVDs which were big enough. (My DVD player plays commercial dual layer disks with out any problem. Is this the problem?

Any suggestions?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Have you tried any of the options on the config button of Video? And made sure that the type at the top is DVD-Video?

Attached Files:

3. wackymacky thread starter macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Umm. I'll try that last option (DVD_Theme).

(I did'nt try the others 'case it is a single video_TS without a audeo_TS folder and dosn't need muxing?)

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

DVD Theme was checked by default on mine, not sure what that means, and I don't have any Video_TS folders laying around to try.