Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

morgann

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
I got the new Macbook with Retina display for college because my school recommends them. This is my first mac and I am receiving an error window that my "Macintosh HD doesn't have enough free space (I screen captured the pop up below, it happened while I was trying to mod a game, but it happens to any file I try to download). So I looked up how much free space I had:

On my Macintosh HD it says I have 453.97 GB Available out of 499.42GB.
On my Apple SSD it says I have a 500.28GB capacity
Also I have 16GB memory and I am running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

The only large files I have installed are the Adobe Creative Suite 6 (for school) and Microsoft Word and Minecraft. I had problems with installing CS6 but it was from an internet download... however I installed Microsoft Office from a thumb drive so I thought it was something to do with safari. Also the files I am trying to download aren't that big, the one in the picture is about 12.2 MB, but the computer wont let me download anything bigger.

If you know the answer please be very specific! I am pretty new to macs and I really need to download larger files for my school!
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-06 at 12.57.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-06 at 12.57.26 AM.png
    105 KB · Views: 132
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.