Help! Video chatting with QQ users on a mac.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RushRealSlow, Jun 29, 2010.

1. RushRealSlow macrumors newbie

Oct 9, 2009
    I recently got this new job where I have to video chat with clients living in China. The company wants me to use the Chinese QQ chat client; however, for macs, you can't video chat. Does anybody know of a chat client I can use on the mac (windows messenger?) that will let me video chat with somebody using QQ? I'm afraid if I don't solve this problem, I'll be out of a job.

Note: I do not have windows installed on this computer, nor do I really want to splurge the money to get it since this is a low-paying job.
  2. kallep macrumors newbie

Oct 5, 2010
    same problem...

I want to be able to Video Chat using QQ but do not want to set up a virtual machine or dual boot using windows. Is it any solutions available for QQ Video Chat using mac os x?
  3. Sammy Cat macrumors member

Jul 28, 2010
    North America
    You are out of luck on the video chat. QQ will not allow it. I bet is has something to do spyware/adware and the such that Mac filters out, meaning no income for QQ.
  4. matelot macrumors regular

Aug 16, 2010
    I'd love to know this too.
    I refuse to install the native QQ client on any of my mac/Linux/Windows systems
  5. ajgphd macrumors newbie

Mar 24, 2011
    video chat on mac

QQ is like AOL on steroids, but geared only for the Chinese speaking world. It is only now developing support on the Mac. The beta 1 version for Mac does not have video chat implemented. I don't think beta 2 works either. So you are out of luck unless you run windows on your Mac

There is an excellent free Skype client. It will support free video chat.

If they can run the free AOL video chat, it is compatible with iChat on your Mac.