Help Viewing/Editing iPhone's default png's

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by naoyawada, Dec 17, 2007.

1. naoyawada macrumors newbie

Could someone please tell me if there is a way to view/edit the default png's associated with the graphical elements of the iPhone? I have tried using Graphic Converter, as well as Photoshop. Apple's Preview can't seem to open them either.

Thanks!

2. alex.180 macrumors newbie

alex.180

I'm in the same situation. It just seems impossible to open them on any program. It always says it doesn't understand the file...

3. alex.180 macrumors newbie

alex.180

I installed the FixPngDroplet but it's not able to fix them. It says "cannot execute binary file"
    Any suggestion? What can I do?

4. jimwww macrumors newbie

Hmm

That link above goes nowhere... no solution. I am having the same problem.

5. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

if you download ifile you can go into your iphone and save the pictures to your camera roll where you can view and edit them.

6. bdpb8d macrumors newbie

changed PNGs dont work

I tried your method Ryan0402, and it worked just fine to view/edit the PNG files. However, when I transferred the files back to my iPhone (named correctly and everything), the PNG's did not appear changed on my iPhone. I have tried restarting and respringing my iPhone, but the original PNGs still show up.

7. elyah macrumors member

I was on youtube and I ran into this video mybe this will help take a look. www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOMXzL8LosE&feature=related