Help w/ passcode bypass

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kreno99, Jun 24, 2012.

1. kreno99 macrumors newbie

PLEASE Help!!! I have an iPhone 3Gs running IOS 4.3.5 It is jailbroken. The problem is I have done a simple passcode and now when I enter it, it will not unlock. I have tried using iFun box to locate the passcode. After looking 5 hrs I am still unsucessful. I know the code I entered and I have tried variations of it just incase my finger slipped but none have worked and Im afraid the phone is going to disable. I have all my appointments in it and I really need them...:(

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You'll have to keep trying until the iPhone becomes disabled then you'll have to enable it using the computer with which it syncs with. The passcode isn't stored in iOS in a readable format. It's encrypted and kept in the keychain.

3. kreno99 thread starter macrumors newbie

macrumors 601

I have been looking with iFun box in the keychain with universal viewer and it does not show it. The iTunes on the PC is an older version and will not update. Im afraid if the iPhone disables I will not be able to resync it.:confused:

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Like I said, the passcode isn't stored in iOS in a readable format. It is encrypted. So even if you found the file that actually holds it, you can't view it. The only thing that can decrypt it is your iPhone.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

this is why Apple makes you enter the passcode twice your finger would have to miss twice to get the wrong passcode accepted. Apple assumes people putting the passcode in are careful and more people would be upset if it was easily hackable.. I find it much easier not to use the passcode and just keep my phone with me.. you have to be a really special person for me to hand you my phone.

6. dhlizard, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  7. The New iPad macrumors regular

There has never been a legitimate case where someone put in the correct passcode that didn't work.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

9. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

If you know your way around unix and you installed OpenSSH prior to the "evil" lock... you can find the answer to this issue.

10. kokhean macrumors regular