Help w/ Ringtone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AirFerrari, Jul 6, 2010.

1. AirFerrari macrumors newbie

AirFerrari

Hi everyone, just wanted some help w/ fixing my ringtone. The converted ringtone is already in the "ringtone" tab on iTunes. But after syncing it I still can't find it under Settings > Sounds. What am I doing wrong or am I missing any step? :)

Thank you!

2. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

when you sync the phone, is the desired ringtone checked on the iphone page?

3. AirFerrari thread starter macrumors newbie

AirFerrari

Yeap.

4. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

I just went over this with my brother yesterday. You have to make sure ringtones are selected to sync for them to go to your phone.

5. AirFerrari thread starter macrumors newbie

AirFerrari

It's selected/checked on iTunes. Am I missing anything that I need to check?

Thanks!

6. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

When your phone is plugged in and you are on your Summary screen click on the "Ringtones" pane and make sure you check "Sync All Ringtones".

7. FullSky macrumors member

FullSky

Even if the ringtone is already in AAC format, you may need to convert it again to AAC from within iTunes.

8. AirFerrari thread starter macrumors newbie

AirFerrari

I just checked that part also. It's checked on "Sync all ringtones" > "Selected ringtones" > "ringtones".

9. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

Do you have your Music, Movies, etc., set to Sync Manually instead of automatically (the default)? If so, that setting applies to ringtones as well. You need to drag the desired ringtone(s) over to the tiny picture of the iPhone, under Devices, in the left hand side. This is a common issue with our customers.

10. onep00nis macrumors member

Make sure your ringtones are 30 sec or less. It won't sync if too long.

11. sportster macrumors 6502

I've run into some trouble when making my own ring tones for the iPhone. Garage Band works best for me, import the mp3, then tell it to export to ringtone. It pops up a little slide bar to let you select the part of the song then it adds its directly to your itunes.

12. Deasy macrumors member