Help w/ Tethered Boot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ninjaw95, Dec 4, 2011.

1. ninjaw95 macrumors 6502

yo, i jailbroke an i4 on 5.01, when jailbreaking with redsn0w i pointed towards 5.0 ipsw, i ran the tether boot after the jailbreak with 5.0 as well. I put on winterboard via cydia, unfortunately there was a reboot... it was stuck on the apple logo for about 2 days cuz im pretty lazy. i connected and tried the tether boot again pointing at the 5.0 ipsw, but what happens is the pineapple stays for about 3 minutes and then it goes to the apple logo, and stays like that. so im wondering what the problem is, should i just restore it? Thanks :D

2. ninjaw95 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Please read to the rules before posting on the forum.

Anyway. I would advise restoring back to iOS 5.0.1.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I would do a restore. With as little information as has been provided, I certainly think that would be your best (safest) bet.

5. ninjaw95 thread starter macrumors 6502

oh, sorry i wont bump anymore, and thanks. when restoring can should i go into recovery mode and restore from there?

6. ninjaw95 thread starter macrumors 6502

yo yo, i just tried a couple more times and it worked, i think the DFU mode thingy i messed up on

7. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Another tip, next time post questions like this in the iPhone Hacks sub-forum. You'll get much better responses there.