Help w/ Tethered Boot

ninjaw95

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
yo, i jailbroke an i4 on 5.01, when jailbreaking with redsn0w i pointed towards 5.0 ipsw, i ran the tether boot after the jailbreak with 5.0 as well. I put on winterboard via cydia, unfortunately there was a reboot... it was stuck on the apple logo for about 2 days cuz im pretty lazy. i connected and tried the tether boot again pointing at the 5.0 ipsw, but what happens is the pineapple stays for about 3 minutes and then it goes to the apple logo, and stays like that. so im wondering what the problem is, should i just restore it? Thanks :D

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Please read to the rules before posting on the forum.

7. Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump, e.g. posts saying "anyone?" or the equivalent. See why and how to avoid bumping.
Anyway. I would advise restoring back to iOS 5.0.1.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I would do a restore. With as little information as has been provided, I certainly think that would be your best (safest) bet.

ninjaw95

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
Please read to the rules before posting on the forum.

Anyway. I would advise restoring back to iOS 5.0.1.
oh, sorry i wont bump anymore, and thanks. when restoring can should i go into recovery mode and restore from there?

ninjaw95

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
yo yo, i just tried a couple more times and it worked, i think the DFU mode thingy i messed up on

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
yo yo, i just tried a couple more times and it worked, i think the DFU mode thingy i messed up on
Another tip, next time post questions like this in the iPhone Hacks sub-forum. You'll get much better responses there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.