Help w/ workaround for Exchange OWA to Iphone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frankeegee, Aug 11, 2008.

1. frankeegee macrumors newbie

Please help w/ the following:

I have a 1st Gen Iphone. Upgraded to 2.0 software. attempted to setup exchange mail w/o success. Turns out that corp will not support iPhone, therefore we have no certificates....which is the error I received while setting it up...

"Unable to verify Certificate...the Certificate from "webmail.company.com" for account could no be verified."

I do have access to OWA. Could someone help with a workaround?...I need access to my corp mail daily.

Thanks,

Frank.:confused:

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Talk to your manager and get a BlackBerry?
    If that fails, there is a neat feature on your iPhone called 'Safari' it works well with OWA. Open Safari and enter your companies OWA address and presto! company mail.
    I don't see a work around possible as the certificate on your companies server is the issue, until they have one or it 'valid' the exchange set up won't trust it/use it.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Srsly... you can lobby them all you want, but in the end, what devices your corporate IT does and does not support are their own call. Not that bandits are actually going to pilfer your company through your hacks, don't understimate how seriously the IT people take security violations. Think carefully about whether hacking a way into your OWA is really worth potentially getting fired....

4. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 16GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F108 Safari/525.20)

when you got the message, did you get the option to continue anyway? The reason I ask is we use a self signed certificate and I got that prompt, but I just accepted the certificate and it's worked fine since.

Another option would be to turn SSL off but that may be against your company policies

5. minik macrumors 65816

I can't get Exchange to work on my iPhone 3G without going through all the VPN mess. Webmail is fine, but not really the method I prefer.

6. frankeegee thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys...these are services I've researched...just a bit. Maybe someone here has used these services.

HyperOffice.com
    Synchronica.com