Help: Wait for ATT Preorder Shipment or Wait in Apple Reservation Line?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brinycbri, Jun 16, 2010.

?

What should I do? (or what would you do?)

1. Wait for ATT pre-order shipment?

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Wait in Apple reserve line (cancel ATT shipment)?

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

So I pre-ordered the iphone on ATT like 10am EST premier and it says backordered. That was right after I reserved it for the UWS Apple store in NYC. Should I Cancel ATT and just wait in the reserve line or just wait for it to come from ATT? Here's the zinger, I'm traveling Thursday Night so I do need it on the 24th.

Thanks for the help!!!!

2. ashley1496 macrumors regular

I'm in a similar situation as you. I'm not sure which to do either. But if I were to cancel and AT&T didn't refund my money quickly; I wouldn't want to have both charges floating around at the same time. So I think I may stick with the AT&T order unless it looks like I won't get it before the 29th (Which is when I leave for NYC from Seattle).

3. email68 macrumors regular

Same boat here.

Pre-ordered at the ATT store and then found out one of my reservation requests at the apple store actually made it through.

I would not try and cancel the ATT one though, because I bet my early upgrade option would show used now when apple tries to verify eligibility.

So, I'm going to keep both in case ATT totally cancels my order for some reason, or my wife decides she wants the reserved phone from apple.

4. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess worst case scenario i can just pay full price at apple if i dont receive it and then sell the other one at cost...argh, ATT's inventory system is horrible...seems like it's 3-0 wait on ATT

5. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

I have 2 on AT&T and 2 reserved at my local Apple store If I see that the AT&T have shipped I will cancel the reservations as their is a link to do that on the bottom of the email. The reason I did both Is I have 0 confidence in AT&T that their would be no order problems so I made sure to have a back up. So if I get a shipping # wed's or Thur's a.m somebody waiting in line can have my reserved phones.