Help wanted with IPhone 2G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by symphonieken, Jan 12, 2010.

1. symphonieken macrumors newbie

symphonieken

Hi there,

I'm symphonieken and I'm from Belgium, I'm a member since today.

I've a question about the 2G iPhone. Earlier I was able to reset my iPhone and it was ready to use in normal conditions. Yesterday, I saw two of the applications doens't work any more. These are known by "Cydia" and "Installous"... Is this normal.. When I open the app you can read the following message "RIP" or "... is nor more"... Are the apps not in use, or not in use any more, permanently?? It's a shame, but I'll understand "the thinking" to come to an action like this.

Could anyone explain it to me?? I've searched the internet fot it, but I couldn't find anty topics about it :(

Thank you :)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Hi symphonieken, I'm jessica. and I'm from the US, I'm a member since Feb 19, 2005.

If your phone had "Cydia" and "Installous" on it then it was jailbroken. If you reset your phone to "new" then you basically over-wrote the jailbreak so "Cydia" and "Installous" won't work.

Were you aware that your phone was jailbroken? If you have no idea what that means then check out this page here.

3. symphonieken thread starter macrumors newbie

symphonieken

Thank you for your reply, and yes, when I read your link you've given me, I realised my iPhone is jailbroken. The apps are still on my IPhone, but I can't use them any more. Can I fix this myself?? Is there any way the apps can work again of is it not possible any more??

I have the 3G also... Is it recommended to jailbrake the iPhone?? The warranty with jailbroken iPhones is something, isn't?? Can you recommend it or would you personally leave the iPhone like it is right now??

Thank you :)