Help!!! Water damage

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by belacqua12, Jan 25, 2011.

1. belacqua12 macrumors newbie

Hi! My computer recently sustained a minor amount of rain damage - it soaked through my backpack and "waterproof" computer case and into my computer.
    Now, my battery won't charge and it only works if it is plugged in. I took it in to be fixed and they didn't manage to do it. I was wondering if anybody had any advice.
    Thanks!

2. fluffyx macrumors 6502

Who tried to fix the computer? The repair shop probably looked at the symptoms and thought that replacing the battery connector might help, but this almost never helps in liquid spill cases.

Based on your symptoms, the power circuitry on the main logic board (and maybe some other components) needs repair.

This is a situation where you'd have to consider whether it's worth getting it repaired, or if you'd rather leave it plugged in all its life and use it as a desktop Mac. But the repair would certainly be much more cost-effective than replacing your Mac—even with a used one.

Please don't submerge your Mac in rice :) that causes more problems than it solves.