Help!! what happened to my Terminal.app

Discussion in 'iMac' started by DaDougieDude, Mar 28, 2011.

1. DaDougieDude macrumors newbie

check out the picture below, what happened to my terminal. The icon is not matched correctly, i cannot launch it too?? :confused::confused:

Attached Files:

2. MacHamster68, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

just use your time machine backup and go back in time where it was still present

have you used recently one of the app cleaning or system cleaning apps

deinstall any of them they cause more harm if you dont know every file on the system and how they are related to each other

3. DaDougieDude thread starter macrumors newbie

yah, i did used the app appcleaner but i dont think i touched the terminal.app. and i didnot use any of them time machines

4. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

not using time machine is a big mistake , it is after all the best feature of OSX snow leopard

and app cleaners can be helpful , but you need to know what they(you) remove and not just dragging a app in the app cleaner can hurt OSX if you are a bit careless , as these app cleaners can remove important files too , think about these tools as a hammer , useful yes , but all to easy to hit your thump if you are a bit careless

any app is only as good as the user

5. DaDougieDude thread starter macrumors newbie

but now i am dealing with the terminal can u help me please??

6. joe8232 macrumors regular

That is really strange. One thing you could try and do is hunt for it on the OSX installer disk. Other than that, you could try using an X11 terminal or install iTerm ( http://iterm.sourceforge.net/ ) which is supposed to be a better terminal client but I didn't really get on with it. Hope that helps you out!

7. John T macrumors 68020

John T

If you need to reinstall Terminal and you have your original installation discs, download "Pacifist" from here. This app enables you to download individual files from a package on the install disc.