Help?? What happened??!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bogle, Feb 22, 2011.

1. bogle macrumors newbie

I was sitting in class and all of a sudden my iPod Touch starts to heat up, so hot I almost burnt my hand. The previous class it had a full battery, I had shown someone a picture, I locked it back. Then the next class it heated up so fast in not even 20 seconds. I pulled it out of my pocket and it was so hot i dropped it maybe two inches to the desk and the screen cracked from right at the home button to the top left corner diagonally. I tried to turn it on, it wouldn't. I pushed the home button and it heated up even more! After about 40 some minutes it started to cool off. Any ideas why it did that? It's a 32GB iPod Touch (3rd Gen.) with 14GB used, 1 year and 2 months old.

2. celticpride678

Likely water damage that reached the battery.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

My guess is that something in your pocket shorted out the battery via the dock connector.

4. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I have no idea what happened but I have to say that sounds crazy, I would have been scared to even hold it at that point.

5. bogle thread starter macrumors newbie

I never let my iPod anywhere near water, EVER, and there wasn't anything in my pockets at the time other than my iPod Touch. :( That wasn't a good day anyways, right after it happened my day fell apart bit by bit, first that happened, then my girlfriend confesses she has been contemplating a breakup, etc. etc. etc. Maybe it's just the universe saying get a new iPod, start over, or maybe the world is against me. >.<

6. Evel1337 macrumors newbie

7. bogle thread starter macrumors newbie

Hopefully

The nearest Apple store is 70 miles away >.< I hope I get to head down there sometime soon :/ My iPod turned on finally, I worry some of the inner components suffered some damage :( Wifi connects most of the time, but sometimes it wont do anything. Now the screen has a nice dangerous tiny little spot on the screen that threatens to cut me every time i swipe..

8. bogle thread starter macrumors newbie

Sigh…

So, I was sitting on the bus, totally different environment than the classroom, my iPod heats up spontaneously again!! Full battery, I look at it, lock it, put it away, I find it's hot to the touch. By the time I got to it, it had cooled off some amount, but still hot to the touch. Again it would not turn back on for the rest of the day. I decided to try to put some power into it. Finally a miracle happened and it began to charge at about the fourth try. ?