Help! What is the BEST case for the Ipod Touch 4th gen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rocks., Sep 18, 2010.

1. Rocks. macrumors member

I prefer a slim case, not silicon and flimsy, but not hard plastic. Sort of in between; kind of rubbery with a good grip, but firm. And it needs to be black. One that has a snug fit with no added bulk. What are the best cases for this? There are not many reviews out right now because its new, so i don't know which is the best. Pleas help! Reviews appreciated!

2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I don't know if anything is actually out yet that fits all your criteria. Give it a couple more weeks and see what the major case manufacturers start coming out with.

3. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

I'm waiting for OtterBox to come out with a Defender for the 4G touches.

OtterBox Defender

4. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Eh, I don't want a big ugly logo of the case manufacturer on mine. :(

5. bmw3wags macrumors member

6. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

The person I'm getting it for wants a strong case for an active outdoor lifestyle. Looks are irrelevant.

7. SlamJam12 macrumors regular

Incase

I believe the incase slider is the best. I have one for the iPod touch 3G. The back feels smooth and soft enabling a comfortable and secure grip in my hands. It covers the majority of the device yet it can still dock into a compatible stereo system with a slim fit. The case for the iPod touch 4G is not out yet. It took them a couple of weeks to get the iPhone 4 case out to the public.

I had used the Switcheasy Nude but I cracked the plastic case when I tried to take it off. It is very thin but delicate.

8. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

I went to Best Buy in my local city a few days ago to my 8 gig 4G touch and they had a pretty good amount of Griffin and Belkin cases. I got the Belkin Grip Vue case, it is a TPU case which I really like, its like a mix between a hard case and a silicone case, so far my touch has no scratches and it isnt a lint magnet. For $25, its pretty good.

9. pavenger macrumors regular

I picked out a griffin reveal with my iPod and love it. It's a clear plastic back, wraps around the bezel and it's very thin.

10. franko v macrumors member

franko v

11. EllieV macrumors 6502

Most of the cases from that link either had the power button in the wrong place or did not have a hole for the speaker. I settled with the Belkin shield micra (tint) in Vivid Blue. But I cannot find where to buy it, it says that they are sold out except for the vivid blue, which is what I selected.

12. fosking macrumors member

+1

13. fswmacguy macrumors 6502

fswmacguy

SwitchEasy has no cases available for iPod touch 4G yet.

14. Googlyhead macrumors 6502

Can't say if there's one released for the latest touch yet, but look at the air jackets - PowerSupport provided them with screen protectors as a complete protection set, and they're very thin, smooth, and flexible not hard/brittle.

15. dmz macrumors regular

dmz

The Speck ToughSkin is the best protection I have seen and used for iPhones, and some iPod Touches as well. Problem is, Speck hasn't updated their product line for either the new iPhone 4 or the 3G and 4G Touch.

Keep checking their site for updates - or email them and ask them - WHEN???, as I already have, but I think more voices would be helpful.

The ToughSkin has a holster with a built-in stand, the case has an internal "skeleton" and is made of neoprene-like silicon, very thick, very substantial with extra thickness on the corners, and has the surest grip of any case I have used. It also has a shield for the screen and several extra shields, though I still have the original protector on a year and several months after I installed the first one. I work in extreme environments and this case has proven itself over and over, my phone has survived several five-to-six foot drops onto concrete.

The only improvement I would ask for is a little more dust/moisture protection around the dock connector/headphone jack and it would be perfect, but then there would be no room for improvement!

p.s. I don't work for Speck, and in fact, don't really like any of their other products, but this one is a winner in my books...

dmz

16. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

This is a hard question. There aren't very many cases out yet, Belkin is the only manufacturer that I know of that have a large variety of cases, but I'm not sure if they are out yet. I looked a week or two ago, and they had some cool ones. Not sure if they fit your standards though. I would suggest Switcheasy, but like previously said, there aren't any yet. :(