HELP!!! WhatSize App messed up my iTunes!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macswitcha2, Oct 18, 2010.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

Ok, I was using What Size to regain some space on my HD by deleting some music in iTunes that I did not need any more. I highlighted the selected music and moved the, to the trash. However, when I was done, I checked the Trash to see how many much I was throwing away and saw that I was about to delete over 20 GB of stuff so I checked the trash and saw basically the whole iTunes music folders in the Trash bin. It was two folders one named iTunes Music and the other Music.

I moved them back to my iTunes folder in my home directory.

Yet, when I go to iTunes, there is nothing in the music area and even all my apps are gone.

My trash been have not been emptied and I don't see any apps there, just the music I originally deleted.

What is up? Has this ever happened before to you? What can I do to restore iTunes back the way I had it?

2. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Update!

I restored everything back to normal via Time Machine. Great!

However, now I have two iTune Folders, one with other stuff plus the music and one with other stuff minus the music. What should I do, should I delete latter folder?